American Garage in Niles, 1931
American Garage in Niles in 1931. Original, vintage. Pictured from left to right: Ed Leal, Joe Nascimento, Tino Arias, Egizza DiGuilio, Salvatore DiGuilio, child on top of car, Ed Leal Jr., and Louis DiGuilio Salvador and Egizza Di Guilio started the American Garage and Auto Supply at G and First Streets in 1925, and Salvador's son Louis took over in 1926. This photograph was taken in 1931 when the price of gas on the sign read '15 cents per gallon, 7 gallons per dollar.' In 1940 a new business, Di Guilio Furniture, was annouced at '751 Main St., Niles, between the American Garage and Florence Restaurant.' The telephone number was Niles 67.
2 Pages of 2
5 x 4 in.
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Washington Township Museum of Local History attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to email@example.com, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.