El Toro Marine Base Closing
Footage of the El Toro Marine base closing and B-roll of the base and aircrafts. The El Toro Marine base was the largest of its kind on the West Coast. It began operations in 1942 and by 1950 it was selected as a Master Jet Station for the Fleet Marine Forces, Pacific, and served as the primary base for Marine Corps West Coast fighter squadrons. During the 1960s President Nixon used the base for flights to and from his Western White house at San Clemente. The base closed in 1999.
5 Tapes of 5
Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Orange County Archives attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to email@example.com, digitized works can be removed from public view if there are rights issues that need to be resolved.
Orange County Archives, Old Orange County Courthouse, 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Rm. 108, Santa Ana, CA, 92701, US, Telephone: (714) 834-5367, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, ocarchives.com