This artist's rendering shows the Lemon Cove (CA) Store and the Cottonwoods Hotel in the late 1800s. Called a "house" here, the two-story hotel was built and co-owned in 1879 by local landowner J. W. C. Pogue and a San Francisco pair, C. W. Crocker and J. B. Wallace. Pogue became the sole owner in 1881 and lived in the building until his death in 1907. The building later became the Lemon Cove Women's Club. At some point, it was the Pogue Hotel.
Copyrighted. Rights are owned by Tulare County Library. Copyright Holder has given Institution permission to provide access to the digitized work online. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the Copyright Holder. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.